Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Editing at the Washburn Review

When I started editing articles, I noticed that the same mistakes that I make are the same mistakes that other people make as well. A lot of the mistakes were wording, capitalization and overuse of commas. It is very important to go back and reread what was wrote. Even at the Washburn Review, I had to ask questions to staff members and read aloud. Another thing I realized is that if you are doing an opinion piece, it is extremely important to spell check. I ran into a situation where I didn't know what the word was supposed to be because I had never watched the show before. The last thing I remember about my experience is that even if you have an extensive vocabulary, you need to dumb it down so anyone can read it. Very humbling experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment