Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Washburn Review Editing - 2nd Shift

      The second editing shift that I did with the Washburn Review for MM422 occurred during the Oct. 27 production night. Since the paper only did 12 pages for this issue Kenzie and I were only in charge of one pop culture page consisting of one major story: "Gilmore Girls revival excites loyal fans." 
      We were slightly shorthanded due to the absence of our overall editors so everyone had to lend an extra hand in copy-editing and page design. I was asked to write the issue's weekly editorial about the homecoming week wrap-up on the fly. It was good to experience the feeling of having to work under pressure for a newspaper. It made me feel good to know that I was able to help out in a positive way that made the other editors' lives a little less chaotic and stressful. 
       Although I didn't do as much copy-editing as I normally do on Tuesdays, I was able to help revamp some headlines and create some appealing, descriptive photo cutlines. It was another successful, productive evening in the Student Media office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment