Monday, September 28, 2015

Free Chipotle in exchange for an ethics workshop



The Chipotle Ethics workshop offers free Chipotle, while providing an engaging discussion on ethics, morals, leadership every Monday at noon in Mabee Library.

The Center for Student Success offers workshops to provide students with the opportunity to learn and improve on skills to succeed. One set of these, started by James Barraclough, director of student success, offers more than tips.

The workshop starts a discussion on the tough topics to discuss – including what is right and wrong in regard to being a college student. Dilemmas faced by the student population are different from the problems adults and other non-student young adults face. The idea is that this tough topic will be easier to stomach if it is paired with food therapy. 

The Center is the department responsible for academic advising, academic testing, the First Year Experience, the Tutoring and Writing Center, the “Think 30 to finish in four” campaign, and a variety of success workshops. All are aimed at providing students with tools to use in order to find the most success during their time at Washburn. These opportunities are available to every student, just like the other services offered on campus. 

The workshop, titled “Chipotle Ethics,” is a weekly meeting that entices visitors with free Chipotle. The topics covered in the seminars range from skills to be successful, to ethical and moral dilemmas faced in everyday life. The workshop will be lead by David Carter, Doctorate Professor, and will discuss issues and topics that relate to young leaders at the university level. 

It will provide tools for students that can help them make the most of their time at Washburn, while finishing up as quickly as possible so they can move on to a job or a higher-level degree. 

Chipotle Ethics is only open to 20 students per session, so plan accordingly. It will take place Mondays at noon. Students may view the complete schedule for the Student Success Center online here and the Chipotle Ethics sign-up page online here.




16 comments:

  1. I had no idea about this. This is such a cool idea that Washburn has implemented! A lot of people like Chipotle, and this is lessons that can really help a student during school and even in the "adult world." Awesome article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was a very well-written article and one that was very interesting to read! I also didn't know this event was going on and am looking forward to going to it in the future! The only change I would maybe make is say "in Mabee Library" instead of "in the Mabee Library." Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this article was very easy to read, and well written. I think the topic if very important! I think you are a pro at writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with everyone else's comments! Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article, I think I am going to try to attend one of these Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good article. This sounds like a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article! Very easy to read and this is awesome, I didn't know this was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My biggest suggestion would be to move your fourth paragraph to where the third paragraph is because that will make the transition smoother. Since your focus is the workshop and not the Center for Student Success you can move that paragraph closer to the end of the story. You want all your important information first. New headline please with a better verb and no colon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on providing links! I love the headline as well. This is an interesting article, well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This idea is so cool and I don't think enough people know about it. Your article provided a lot of good facts and helped me become more informed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This idea is so cool and I don't think enough people know about it. Your article provided a lot of good facts and helped me become more informed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job with stating facts. Very informational.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is awesome!! I had never heard about it until I read this article which is a shame! I think you did a great job editing and I like that you added links!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is awesome!! I had never heard about it until I read this article which is a shame! I think you did a great job editing and I like that you added links!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting topic. enjoy your story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well written! I found this sentence too broken up though by commas: "One set of these, started by James Barraclough, director of student success, offers more than tips."

    ReplyDelete