Thursday, September 3, 2015

(EDIT) Aging exhibit displays at Mulvane


      "Perspectives on Aging," an art exhibition showcasing the different aspects of the aging process, will be displayed at the Mulvane Art Museum on the campus of Washburn University until Oct. 24. 
      The exhibit, located in the Joanna E. Harrison and Maxine J. Anton Galleries, features the work of Elizabeth Layton and Edward Navone. Their art displays different experiences that the elderly encounter during the aging process.
Artwork by Elizabeth Layton
      Layton's art features self-portraits that capture the wrinkles and sagging skin that accompany aging, as well as portraits that showcase her long-term companionship with her husband. Her portraits focus on silly, sweet and sometimes petrifying moments that supplement the golden years.
Artwork by Edward Navone
      On the other hand, Navone's artwork tackles the darker and terrifying sides of aging as he records his father's struggle with Alzheimer's disease. Through heartbreaking and beautiful sketches, Navone is able to capture the challenges his father faced during his battle with dementia. 
      Despite the fact these two artists create contrasting pieces of art, they each offer thought-provoking perspectives of the aging process. This exhibition demonstrates that old age, like other stages of life, offers moments of pain, desire, joy and sadness. 
      The "Perspectives on Aging" exhibition is open and free to the public. For more information visit the Mulvane Art Museum webpage



14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the layout of this one better than the previous. It seems you used punctuation really well along with grammer. I think all-in-all it is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new title. The story flows really well. I did not see anything that seemed questionable other than "The "Perspectives on Aging" exhibition is open and free to the public". I think the phrase is free and open to the public though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is much better than the last. I like that you did a lead in the first paragraph and changed that as opposed to the original text. As well as adding the specific galleries in which the pantings are located. I thought that this was executed and edited very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout. The new title makes a huge difference. The grammar in this is very well written. I think both were well written, but this seems to flow more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headline change is great. I also thought your lead was a great improvement. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your headline and the layout you did with the pictures looks good. I didn't find any grammar errors. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you made great improvements on the layout and grammatical portion of this article. The headline change is a great improvement, too. Great job, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the headline, and i think that the way you incorporated the photographs was really cool. I can't really think of any more updates or improvements. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think improving the layout helped a lot! I also like the change in the headline. It is short and to the point which is how it should be

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think improving the layout helped a lot! I also like the change in the headline. It is short and to the point which is how it should be

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you changed the headline. The layout is great. Overall one of the best post in the blog so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked how you narrowed the photos down to just two. It allowed the reader to read text and view the photos at the same time. Looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked how you narrowed the photos down to just two. It allowed the reader to read text and view the photos at the same time. Looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you headline works very well. but the text wrape is a little not help reader to read.

    ReplyDelete