Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Washburn Career Fair

I went to the Washburn Career Fair for my third year in a row last Wednesday. Honestly, I have never been totally impressed with our career fair. When I was an underclassman I felt as if people at the booths would not give me the time of day because I was not actively seeking a job. Now that I am actively seeking a job I felt as if there were not any opportunities in the mass media/Public Relations field. I could definitely tell a difference in the interest employers would take in me once they realized I was looking for a job. The only bad thing was that I was not interested because they were not offering what I was looking for.
Overall, I would say the career fair is good practice to talk to people and make connections. It never hurts to see what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment