Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Transfer student enjoys Washburn spotlight

        
        Hey everyone! My name is Amy, and I'm a senior majoring in mass media with an emphasis in public relations and a minor in business. After high school I attended Johnson County Community College for two years and attained my Associate's degree. I transferred to Washburn University last fall.
        I was born and raised in Overland Park, Kansas. I am the oldest of two siblings, who are both much taller than me. My family enjoys having game and movie nights, cooking dinner together and going on spontaneous vacations.
        My main hobbies are theatre, creative writing, photography and scrap-booking. I've been performing since second grade. I have been involved in every production at Washburn University since my start here. My primary roles thus far have been Elizabeth Proctor in "The Crucible," Laura Wingfield in "The Glass Menagerie" and Mary in "Mauritius." I plan to audition for Washburn's musical "Into the Woods" in a couple weeks.
        At the beginning of the summer I started employment with Student Media and the Washburn Review. I have gained experience in covering and photographing a variety of events around campus. My favorite story I've covered so far was the Mulvane Art Fair in June.
        My experience with editing has been minimal. The majority of my experience has come from my involvement with the Washburn newspaper. I look forward to taking away a lot of great lessons from this class to help me become a more advanced writer and editor.



No comments:

Post a Comment