Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Student returns to Washburn

      Hello! My name is Mindy Barks and I'm a returning student at Washburn University. I graduated from Washburn in May 2013 with my Bachelor of Arts in Communication. I am back and working on my second major in mass media with an emphasis in public relations.

      I grew up in the small town of Tyro, Kansas. I attended high school in Caney, Kansas and received a full-ride theatre scholarship to Coffeyville Community College.

      I absolutely love to draw. Drawing has been a hobby of mine since I was three years old and I couldn't imagine my life without art. I've also participated in theatre, debate, forensics and band throughout my educational career.

     As far as editing is concerned, I'm not too familiar with it. The most exposure I've had to the editing process was during my Creative Media Writing course last spring. This will be a new and challenging experience for me. As nervous as I am for this course, I'm really looking forward to enhancing my technical writing skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment