Monday, August 17, 2015

Mikayla in the making

Hello Ichabods!

I hope you are having a wonderful first day of classes. My name is Mikayla Douglas and I am a junior this year at Washburn University. I'm majoring in mass media with an emphasis in public relations. My hometown is Wellsville, Kansas, which is a very small town an hour south of here. I have a younger brother, who is a senior this year at Wellsville High School. I love my family, Netflix and traveling. It was definitely a culture shock coming to college where there were more kids in my WU101 class than I had in my graduating class.  Choosing to attend Washburn was the best decision I have ever made. As I begin my third year here, I am excited for my classes this semester and getting that much closer to starting my career.

I have had some experience with editing over the years. I was in yearbook from middle school throughout high school, and was on Student Media part of my first year at Washburn. I am looking forward to bettering my editing skills throughout the duration of this class. I will see you all Wednesday!

-Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment