Thursday, August 20, 2015

Welcome to my world

Hi!

My name is Kelly Haywood. I am currently a senior at Washburn University studying mass media: public relations, with a minor in psychology. I am from East St. Louis, Illinois. After graduating from high school, I attended Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana, for a year and a semester. I then moved to Topeka in January of 2013 and transferred to Washburn. At first Topeka was different for me because it is very small compared to where I am from, which is also two minutes away from St. Louis, Missouri.

I've been in the health care field for over five years, while also maintaining my studies as a full-time student. Currently, I work for St. Francis Health in Topeka. This past February, I had my first child, so I sat out last spring and plan to graduate next December. Transitioning to motherhood has been one of my best experiences yet. My daughter is so precious and adorable.

I love to read and write, so I am sure this course will be interesting. I really don't have any formal training on editing, but many people for some reason like me to look over some of their documents. I have also always been pretty good with English, so I hope this class will be similar. I hope to continue to expand my communication and writing skills this semester because everything I learn will definitely strengthen my career aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment