Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Editing for the Washburn Review

Yesterday, I was given a few stories to edit by Adam Vlach. I have written for the review several times, but rarely edit stories. It can be a difficult task, because sometimes you need to change more than grammatical errors, without changing the story's meaning or intention.

While editing, I noticed a lot of opinionated statements. I didn't change them all, because I didn't think it would be fair to re-write so much of the piece. The bias gave some stories an angle, unintentionally. Overall, it was good experience and reinforced the fact that I need more practice doing this.

I will be looking in the paper to see if the changes I made were edited any further, because I know it's likely that someone else looked at the stories after I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment