Saturday, December 3, 2016

Revision - Aldi food stores to decrease pesticides

Earlier this year, German grocery store chain Aldi has announced the banning of eight different pesticides from all products. This was one choice among several Aldi has made to create an image of having healthier brands. This decision will lead to more rivalry among other leading health food stores such as Whole Foods.
The pesticides Aldi will be removing include Thiamethoxam, which is moderately hazardous to humans according to the Food and Agriculture Organization, Chlorpyrifos and Cypermethrin. 
Aldi said they plan to also expand their organic food brands and add more gluten-free items. They will sell more meat options with fewer artificial growth hormones. Aldi will also offer more high-end goods in its stores. These luxury items will include coconut oil and artisan cheeses.


2 comments:

  1. I love Aldi. My dad would be happy that they will have more gluten-free options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never shopped at Aldi before, but I may start for I am huge on putting the proper diet into my body. The food we consume already is killing us enough as is, so this will lighten that feeling for me. I just wonder when this will all take affect.

    ReplyDelete