Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Revision-Christmas Music, a growing workplace problem

Every year stores play Christmas music earlier than the year before, putting shoppers in a festive mood. The effect, however, is a growing distaste for Christmas music from employees.

"Yea I'm starting to realize how much Christmas music sucks, a good song can be played during anytime of the year because it enjoyable. Not Christmas music, you’ll have to wait until a certain time of the year to listen to it because any other time it would be unbearable" said Liandro Rodriguez a Coca-Cola vendor.

Some employees are combating the music by turning down the volume in stores. "Yea I sneak into my bosses office and turn down the radio volume everyday I'm working. I’ve got written up twice already and could get fired if he catches me doing it again, but I don't care," said Mark Price a Dillon's cashier.

There are employees, like Santa Claus, who defend the festive music. “ The music embodies Christmas in every way possible, if it weren't for me striking up a deal with radio companies to play the songs earlier every year, I wouldn't have enough money to go to Cabo every New Years," said Claus.

Whether Rodriguez truly has a valid point or not, the fact of the matter is that Christmas music is playing earlier each year. Whether against or for it, let's take the time to be grateful this Christmas season for what really matters. That of course is free shipping and handling on any Amazon order over $50 starting Dec. 12 through Dec. 22.




1 comment:

  1. Amazon really offers free shipping Dec. 12 through Dec. 22? That's awesome. I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete